Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Insider Point of View

After talking with Pete, the officer I interviewed, for a few minutes I could tell that all of my previous beliefs about the police were completely wrong. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I could tell he loved his job and wouldn’t want to be doing anything else. He actually cared about everyone and wasn’t the mean guy that is out to get you that I was expecting him to be. He didn’t just pull anyone over to pull them over. He put himself in their shoes and thought about if what they did wrong was actually a big deal or just a small accident they fixed within the next few seconds. As you can see police arent always trying to give you a ticket (http://winstonpd.com/statistical.asp). I was impressed with how he went about everything he did from dealing with the people that had the car accident to dealing with me in the passenger seat of his car while he was trying to do his job. After talking to him for a while I noticed that I was no longer nervous because I knew I was in safe hands. I wasn’t afraid of anything or worried we were going to get in over our heads. I felt that he was always in control of the situation and nothing that presented itself he couldn’t take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment